I am physically unable to write without being plugged in to some form of music. And I also listen to my favourite tracks to death. I feel like my yet-to-be-written thesis acknowledgements should pay homage to all the wonderful earworms these talented musicians have produced in some form eventually.
A quick catalogue of which words have been written to which music:
– Switching ‘On’: Parachutes, Coldplay
– Privacy for Profit: YouTube Mix, The Corrs
– Buymylife.com: Quiet is the New Loud, Kings of Convenience
– #sexbait: YouTube Mix, The Whitest Boy Alive
– #In$tagLam: Riot on an Empty Street, Kings of Convenience
– (En)gendering Cute: Takk, Sigur Ros
– Entrepreneurial Selves: Ghost Stories, Coldplay
– ‘Perceived Interconnectedness’: Declaration of Dependence, Kings of Convenience
– Transference of Intimacy: Our Endless Numbered Days, Iron and Wine
– Paradoxes of Intimacy: Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends, Coldplay
– #lifeisgood: Stars, The best of 1992-2002, The Cranberries
– Shamelebrity: YouTube Mix, Anna Ternheim
Will keep updating this list as I go along.
Also, thank God for YouTube.
(okay please don’t Soundcloud, MySpace, Bandcamp, Spotify etc me because I am noob).